Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) seeks to make its websites and mobile applications accessible in accordance with Article 10, par. 1 of the State Equal Opportunities for People with Disabilities Act (L-BGG). The following declaration on accessibility applies to the website www.kit.edu and all subdomains created with the OpenText central content management system.
Status of Compliance with the Requirements
This website is partly in compliance with Article 10, par. 1, L-BGG.
Since there are numerous editors at KIT, the accessibility aspects cannot always be guaranteed. However, we constantly strive to improve accessibility and to train and sensitize the editors.
The following contents are inaccessible or partly accessible only:
- Documents embedded in the website are not always available in an accessible format.
- Videos embedded in the website partly do not contain any subtitle.
- For audio files, no alternative text form is available.
- Text passages in other languages are not always marked.
- Links may be incomprehensible.
- Adjusting text spacing, i.e. line height, spacing following paragraphs, letter spacing, and word spacing, may result in a loss of content or functionality.
- Syntax errors may occur in the source code.
Date of Issue
This declaration was issued on September 09, 2020, and last reviewed on May 11, 2022.
Feedback and Contact Data
The contents of our web appearance is to be equally accessible for people with a disability. In case you encounter inaccessibilities on our websites and in our mobile applications, help us: Send us an information and a description of the inaccessibility using the contact form or by electronic mail to internetredaktion∂sts.kit.edu.
Further contact data:
- Contact form
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Strategic Development and Communication
Corporate Communications Group
76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)721/608-41105
To ensure that the website www.kit.edu meets the requirements outlined in Article 10, par. 1, L-BGG, contact us using the contact form or by electronic mail and give a feedback. The contact data can be found in Section 4 above.
If you do not receive any reply of Karlsruhe Institute of Technology within the period defined in Article 8, cl. 1, L-BGG-DVO or if our reply is not satisfactory, contact the Commissioner of the State Government for the Needs of People with Disabilities.
The Commissioner of the State Government for the Needs of People with Disabilities can be reached as follows:
Landes-Behindertenbeauftragte (State Commissioner for the Needs of People with Disabilities):
Geschäftsstelle der Landes-Behindertenbeauftragten (Office of the State Commissioner for the Needs of People with Disabilities):
Phone: +49 (0)711/279-3360
Please note the right of collective regress according to Article 12, par. 1, cl. 1, No. 4, L-BGG.
Further Information on Accessibility at KIT
At KIT, the following institutions take care of the needs of people with disabilities:
- Center for Digital Accessibility and Assistive Technology
- Representative for Students with Disabilities and Chronic Diseases
- Representatives for Disabled Employees